pátek 3. září 2010

Random thoughts (mostly RPG and stuff)

Back in the day I used to be guite the gamer; I would sit and stare at my monitor for hours playing masterpieces such as Red Alert II or Age of Empires, but my one true love were and still are RPGs. The Gothic series is a gem among them and I have a very personal relationship with these games. I do remember the first walk towards the Old Camp, scared shitless my useless rusty sword in both hands trembling at the sight of bloodflies, yeah those were the times... So when Gothic III came out I was excited as hell and yeah despite all the bugs I love this game, though I never managed to actually finish it (after you complete majority of the side quests all over the world it becomes kinda dull).

I mean it's so liberating to take your huge rune sword, buy some life potions and run off to find adventure and possibly some dragons. Deep down I'm a really nice guy, so if I have to choose between good and evil I usually go for good the first time around, although I did enjoy enslaving people and working for the Orcs. I played for rebels, druids, Orcs and mages too. I like fighting a lot, so I base my character mostly around good skill with either a sword or an axe (I don't like spears very much, also I'm not too excited about archery) and then I throw a couple of spells into the mix. My absolute favorite is fire magic (fireball is a must) and occasionally I indulge myself in summoning magic (ice golems are badass).

That's it for now, but I'll make sure to write something Gothic-related in the near future.

Žádné komentáře: